Cathedral Pines Campground is owned and operated by the Stratton-Eustis Development Corporation on a non-profit basis for the benefit of the towns of Stratton and Eustis and for the pleasure of visitors of the area. It is located on Rte. 27, four miles north of Stratton village and 26 miles south of the Canadian border.
The campground is located in a 300-acre plot of red pine amid some of New England’s most spectacular scenery, on the site of one of Benedict Arnold’s stops during his ill-fated march to Quebec City in 1775.
The Cathedral Pines are famous for their beauty and are a regular tourist attraction in this part of Maine.
Our facilities are designed for restful camping in the woods, with sites spaced so as to provide privacy. Especially desirable for vacation campers with children, with a private beach for campers and a large playground.
Special areas are provided for group camping, such as scouts, reunions, youth groups, etc. These areas are located away from the other camping areas so as to eliminate all worry of disturbing other campers. These site are provided with fireplaces and tables, with chance for group tenting around the fireplace area.
Separated from the camping area is a beach and picnic area, which are free to the public.