Are you a prospective member wondering why you should join The Flagstaff Area Business Association?
Friends are always welcome...Wonder no more!Are You Ready for the Lakes and Mountains . . .known for year-round recreation, our rural setting and rich history. Give the Mountains a Go! Our mission is simple: FABA, promotes the economic welfare and goals of its surrounding area by providing a forum for networking, cooperative advertising, community sponsorship, and the exchange of ideas in order to create and maintain vital four season resort destinations.
2012 Board of DirectorsPresident: Nadene McLeod: Snowfield Productions WSKI-TV17 Vice President: Sue Fotter, Fotter's Market Treasurer: Debbie Plouffe, Camden National Bank Secretary: Richard E. Fotter, Flagstaff Emporium Hugh Verrier: Birds In Flight Gallery Theresa Nielsen: Tea Pond Camps Bruce G. Marcoux: Bruce G. Marcoux, Facilitator FABA would like to invite you and your business to become part of our team. We are busy promoting tourism for our area businesses. We have current members in the following communities: Eustis, Carrabassett Valley, Coplin, Kingfield, Rangeley, Solon, Stratton, Strong, Wilton, Franklin Counties Unorganized Territories and Lac-Mégantic, Quebec, Canada. We welcome all new and old members. If you would like to talk with someone about what FABA can do for your business, please call our Info line at 207-670-0808 . Dues this year will be $100, the same as last year. Also available again this year: Associate Membership, $50.00 – Networks, Artisans, Crafters, Authors, Traditional Artists, Bakers, Farms Stands and producers. (No store front and no employees) Our website has been very active during the past year. Visitors from all over New England and the World (78 countries) have discovered www.eustismaine.com. A total of 17,500 have visited, 900 from our neighbors in Canada. Seventy four percent of our visitors were New Visitors. Please join FABA and add your business to our organization. If you have a website please add a link to FABA. Many of our members are in the top 50 for referring sites.
Benefits of Membership:
- FABA is now celebrating its 16th year.
- We sponsor Polar Blast, Family Fun Days and the Fall Harvest Festival.
- Advertise your business by becoming a FABA Event/Program sponsor.
- 24-Hour Information Line - Visitors requests are important to us.
- Spent over $13,000.00 last year on contract advertising in print, radio, TV and Internet. www.eustismaine.com
- Exposure to many potential customers through our Membership Directory Brochure (6,000 printed), our Summer/Winter Rack Card (5,000 printed) and other promotional listings and advertising. We have Rack Cards that were professionally designed and have been distributed to the Kittery, Fryeburg, Yarmouth and Hampden-South, Maine State Visitors Centers. These publications are also available to you and distributed at many locations throughout Franklin County.
- Purchased advertising on WSKI that runs 365 days a year, four times a day and is 2.5 minutes long to promote the area. WSKI also provides us with live interviews and promotes our special events.
- Purchased spots on the Arnold Trail Snowmobile Club map, Flagstaff Area ATV Club map, The Black Fly Loop map, The Moose Loop map, Dead River Area Historical Society Calendar and the Maine Tourism Attractions and Services 2011 Map, of which 100,000 were distributed.
- FABA maintains a website with your business listing, along with contact via e-mail answering questions about the area, which are crucial to attracting visitors.
- Business Referrals - WE SEND YOU BUSINESS
- Collectively we joined Greater Franklin Alliance Network, AVCOG, Franklin County Chamber, Northern Forest Canoe Trail, Maine's Lakes and Mountains Tourism Council, Maine Tourism Association and the Franklin County Tourism Network.
- Tourism Booth advertising at the Maine Snowmobile Association Show and The State of Maine Sportsman Show.
- Monthly newsletter - member news & updates on key business issues.